Monday, July 13, 2009

Bundt Cake Woes

Yesterday, I was feeling especially domesticated and decided to make a peanut butter bundt cake. Brook LOVES anything peanut butter flavored. I even wore my cute little red ruffled apron from the Now & Then Shoppe. It is an antique and gift store in Fort Smith that I love to visit. Anyway, the making of the cake went very well. The badder was perfectly smooth and delicious. Brook appreciated the fact that I gave him one of the spinner things from the mixer to lick. Normally, I would have kept them both for myself, but I decided to share with him. So, the cake baked for approximately 25 min. which is what the recipe said. I inserted the toothpick and it came out clean. I took it out and let it cool for probably 20 mintues. Then I flipped it....What a mess!!!!!!! The outside was perfectly done, but the inside was a peanut buttery runny mess. I, of course, started to cry because I'm overly sensitive and I was trying to be a good wife and make something yummy for my hubby. Brook came in the kitchen and made me feel better. He blamed it on the stupid bundt cake pan. I've tried to make cakes in it before and they have never come out right. We decided that next time I need to use a regular cake or brownie pan. Then we ate some of the mess and drank some milk. I was happy again. Someday my bundt cakes will look like this...

2 comments:

  1. [upon receiving a bundt cake from Mrs. Miller]
    Maria Portokalos: It's a cake! I know! Thank you, thank you very, very much.
    [whispering to Aunt Freida]
    Maria Portokalos: There's a hole in this cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just laughed out loud mer. maybe we both should just stick to la huerta haha. you're such a good wife though...it's the thought that counts!

    ReplyDelete