Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Big Easy

Brook and I took a trip to New Orleans last weekend. We stayed with his Uncle Al and his partner, Mark. They took us to an extremely fancy French restaurant called Lilette. Brook had this dessert--the name of it, I can't remember. It was phenomenal!!! It was some kind of custard with some sort of caramel stuff. My description is pitiful, I know. We also got to see some beautiful houses on St. Charles Ave. Hopefully, we'll make it down there again for New Years! Thanks, Al and Mark, for your hospitality! Here are a few pictures...
There were tons of houses like these along Lake Pontchartrain. It kind of scared me a little. View from Tropical Isle balcony on Bourbon Street. We were at the slow end of the street. We saw some crazy things, although I guess they actually wouldn't be considered crazy in New Orleans. Just regular, everyday Bourbon St. stuff! I managed to get a ton of beads. All I had to do was wave and people would throw them to me!
Chargrilled oysters at Acme Oyster House. We ate here for dinner two nights in a row because we knew it would be a long time before we could get fresh oysters again. They are the best oysters I've ever eaten!!!

Here we are on a swamp tour. We got to see a big alligator named Brutus. He liked marshmallows. Our tour guide loved to tell stories. We think he embellished all of them. One quote from him, "That's the furry wolf spider guys- the only fish eatin spider in the world." He said guys at least 50 times and we were out there for a good two hours.
We had some beignets and cafe au lait here!

Al and Mark's house on Esplanade Ave.

No comments:

Post a Comment