Thursday, January 12, 2012

Movie Marathons & First Date Music




During our week off from work, we had a couple of movie marathons. We started with the Harry Potter movies. Then, we moved on to The Lord of the Rings Trilogy.



After our first week back at work, I was still in movie marathon mode, so we watched the Karate Kid movies last weekend. The first Karate Kid is one of my favorite movies from my childhood. My brother and I used to quote it all the time. I found this awesome shirt and couldn't resist ordering it. Anyone who grew up in the 80s and enjoyed Karate Kid can appreciate this. I also wanted to buy the Kobra Kai Never Die t-shirt, Strike First, Strike Hard, No Mercy t-shirt, and the Miyagi Do Karate t-shirts, but I figured that might be going a bit overboard. We also found out that Karate Kid III was nomintated for worst picture, worst actor, and worst supporting actor. haha! It is very bad, but I loved laughing at it.


Different subject...I was driving home the other night and started thinking about my first date with Brook and the music we listened to. He had a six disc cd player in his old Crowne Victoria. I love hearing the story about how he chose the music. We really didn't know each other at all, so he kind of just had to pick some stuff and hope I liked it. Anytime I listen to any of these albums, it takes me back to when we first started dating. I love all of them. I tried to create a playlist, but I can't seem to figure it out.


The Killers- Mr. Brightside
Album: Hot Fuss

Muse- Apocalypse Please
Album: Absolution

Morphine- The Night
Album: The Night

The Shins- New Slang
Garden State Soundtrack

Franz Ferdinand- Jacqueline
Album: Franz Ferdinand

Modest Mouse- The World at Large
Album: Good News for People Who Love Bad News

No comments:

Post a Comment