Wednesday, June 23, 2010

First Aioli Attempt

A few months ago, Brook and I were introduced to the best sauce ever! Aioli. Our friend, Jody, is a phenomenal cook and she was nice enough to make us a batch. Brook and I fell in love. Not with each other again, but with this AWESOME sauce. I'd have to say our favorite use for it is on grilled salmon, which we eat a lot of in the summertime. We kept going through it and asking Jody for more. Finally, I decided to attempt to make some even though I knew it wouldn't taste like Jody's as she uses a secret family recipe. I you-tubed "How to Make Aioli Sauce" and wrote down all the ingredients. I used everything in the picture except I added some Tony Chachere's and some Horseradish. I also added another egg yolk and another garlic clove.


I didn't think my version tasted anything like Jody's. Brook said it was pretty good, but he could've just said that to be nice. It definitely needed something else, but I can't figure out what. Has anyone else made some aioli lately??


This Lemon Vanilla lotion from Bath & Body Works smells wonderful. I think it smells like Lemon Ice Box pie and that is my absolute favorite summer dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment