Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Head Bobbing Syndrome

Brook and I have noticed Vito doing this strange head bobbing thing a few times this week. It usually lasts less than minute and Vito doesn't seem to be bothered by it. It is almost as if he's shaking his head no. Last night, it started happening again. Of course, I got all worried and asked Brook what was wrong with him. Back story-- My family's boxer, Rex, had a brain tumor and I saw him have a seizure and it was the scariest thing I've ever seen. Tumors are common in boxers so you understand my concern. Anyway, Brook googled it on his iPhone and found out that it is a very common condition. It mainly occures in Boxers, Dobermans, and Bulldogs. It is called Idiopathic Head Bobbing Syndrome. It isn't linked to any medical conditions and is in most cases, harmless.

No comments:

Post a Comment